Sunday, March 20, 2011

jesus jokes

My God has a real sense of humor...look at the twists and turns life takes...you can't tell me at some point in time he just doesn't burst out laughing!! I don't think he is spiteful...and when a plan comes together I don't think he says...FINALLY...instead I think he feels pure joy and laughs...

Do you think Jesus told jokes...even perfect people tell a good joke or laugh at one!  Surely someone walked up to him and said...Hey, did you hear the one about the rabbi!!

Scripture fills us with joy and laughter:
Proverbs 17:22   A joyful heart is good medicine
Job 8:21 He will fill your mouth with laughter...
Psalm 2:4  He who sits in  heaven laughs...
Ecclesiastes 3:4  A time to weep and a time to laugh
Philippians 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.

I love the author Cynthia Rylant, she is known for her children's books and I love her West Virginia connection which comes across in many books.  She has one not many folks know about called:  "God went to Beauty School."  I get this picture in my mind and it makes me laugh!!
"He went there to learn how
to give a good perm
and ended up just crazy
about nails.

Don't you love it!! God could give a perfect perm...but he came to learn and loves nails because he loves our hands...to feel them and look at them...
Other story/poems in the book include: "God got a dog" and he names it Ernie...doesn't that just make you laugh!!  Another is God bought a couch from Pottery Barn but didn't have a delivery address...or think about "God got cable and didn't do anything for a week but watch TV...but my all time favorite is:God climbed a Mountain...why...just because it was there!..he hated the cold, he hated the snow...but when he got to the top...it took his breath away...and he said...Why didn't I put everyone up here..everyone would say WOW...next time I'll do that...

So, have joy in the Lord...enjoy your God time...he does...and laugh with God...tell him a good joke about a rabbi.....I'll give you one!

There's a priest, a minister and a rabbi. They're out playing golf and they're trying to decide how much to give to charity.

So the priest says, we'll draw a circle on the ground, we'll throw the money way up in the air and whatever lands inside the circle, we give to charity.

The minister says "no", we'll draw a circle on the ground, throw the money way up in the air and whatever lands outside, that's what we give to charity.

The rabbi says "no, no, no", we'll throw the money way up in the air and whatever God wants, He keeps.

See you laughed!

No comments:

Post a Comment